Church of the Open Door's Youth Ministry will be sending 14 students and 4 leaders to Hopkins Village in Belize for 10 days of ministry. We join the bigger story of Open Door's decade long relationship with Pastor Herdie and his church as we strive to reach out with the love of Christ to those in this amazing community.

Friday, June 23, 2006


Written on Wednesday Night

~God really talked to me today after Scott had talked to us this morning. He told us to close our eyes and to imagine that we were meeting God on the beach here in Belize for the first time. Just to think about what we would say to him and what he would look like. After that I went down to the beach and wrote a letter to God. I wrote about how he has touched my life in so many ways even though that the road has been long and tough. I had realized that I have been carrying around a lot of baggage and it was time to give this entire struggle to God. So after finishing my letter I went over to the beach and decided to make something for him. I ended up collecting coconuts and made a cross in the sand then I continued to bury my letter under the cross in the sand. This was a real symbol to me that this was all gone from my life and that I had given this all to God.~
~Bre Fleagle~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home