Church of the Open Door's Youth Ministry will be sending 14 students and 4 leaders to Hopkins Village in Belize for 10 days of ministry. We join the bigger story of Open Door's decade long relationship with Pastor Herdie and his church as we strive to reach out with the love of Christ to those in this amazing community.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Written by Karina Brohman on 6\22\06

This morning I woke up to go fishing with Claudine, who was still tired from lack of sleep because of the hard storm that had wakened us from our sleep the night before. Today was the perfect day for fishing. We got our boat ready and caught some bait then I gave Claudine the gift that I had bought her in Minnesota as a thank you gift because she took me fishing last year. She didn’t really know how to use it but I enjoyed watching her try. We ended up fishing with line and hook waiting to feel a bite. While we sat and talked we enjoyed the beautiful calm ocean which was just breath taking. The fish started to bite and we caught 2 sharks, 2 cat fish and 6 red snappers. The sharks where a surprise to catch. We used cat fish for a bait and it worked we both caught one not very big just a baby white shark. After fishing we went and cooked the shark and the snapper fish it was really good. I wasn’t good at cleaning the fish since my dad does it every time I fish with him so some kids where laughing when I tried to get all the guts but I had fun trying we are planning to go fishing tomorrow and hope it is going to be a great fishing day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home