Church of the Open Door's Youth Ministry will be sending 14 students and 4 leaders to Hopkins Village in Belize for 10 days of ministry. We join the bigger story of Open Door's decade long relationship with Pastor Herdie and his church as we strive to reach out with the love of Christ to those in this amazing community.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Written by Michael Tieszen on Monday Night


These last few days have been a real blessing to me and a real eye opener.
This last Friday I was sitting outside of our cabana with Josh, Kirsten, and a bunch of other members of our team. We were surrounded by little kids and this one little girl named Zanea decided that I was going to be her new friend. So I find myself sitting there while she decides to play “Comb Michael’s Hair.” Its was all going good, she was being super cute and I didn’t mind having my hair played with but then out of no where she sneezes all over my hair! Now if I were back in the States and this would have happened I think I would have totally flipped out but since I am supposed to “Be where you are” I was just like, “Zenea you want to see if u can get that out of Michael’s hair?” What does she do? She combs it into my hair. Haha.
When God created the people and the kids of Hopkins Village, Belize he must have been creating the most beautiful people in the world! The children here are sooo amazing. Just a few of the many come to my mind. It is Amazing when Cindy sees me and all she wants me to do is hold her hand for an hour; it’s Amazing when a little boy named Theodore lets me walk with him down the beach back to our cabanas. It is Amazing when everything that all the children have been through they are still able to show Love and Affection for Myself and the Team.
I will never ever forget all the things that God has shown me and reopened my eyes and my heart to on this trip. Hopkins Village, Belize holds a place ever so dear to my heart and I can’t wait to see what these last few days withhold!
God Bless,
Michael Tieszen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home